Guidelines for Burial of Speaker Jacob Oulanyah. The Burial of the late Speaker of the Parliament of Uganda, Rt. Hon. Jacob Oulanyah will happen after Parliament has voted for the successor this Friday 25th March, 2022 at Kololo Independence Ceremonial Grounds.
The National Organizing Committee (NOC) for the Burial of the Speaker of Parliament, Rt. Hon. Jacob Oulanyah headed by Minister of Presidency Hon. Milly Babalanda has this afternoon announced the guidelines to be followed by mourners during this period;
- The final burial program will be released after the election of a new Speaker of Parliament.
- The sub-committees of the National Organizing Committee, are planning for activities of a befitting send-off as directed by the President.
- Security remains of great importance due to several activities during the burial which are sensitive; given the status of the late.
- In consideration of the threat of Covid-19, access to the State Funeral Service at Kololo Ceremonial Grounds will be by invitation and SOPs will be strictly observed.
- All the burial activities involved in the send-off will be relayed live on the National Television.
- Hon. Hillary Onek will work with the Ministers from Acholi sub-region to engage with the cultural and political leaders in Acholi for their input in the burial arrangements.
- The leadership of the Parliament of Uganda is fully in charge of managing mourners at both homes of the deceased i.e. in Muyenga, Kampala, and at the ancestral home in Omoro where he will be buried.
- The public should remain calm and promote unity and continue praying for the Late.
- Government of Uganda under the leadership of H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, will accord the deceased a funeral befitting of his status and legacy.
- Flags will continue flying at half-mast all over the country until the mourning period is concluded.
- The Minister for Information, Communication Technology and National Guidance, Hon. Dr. Chris. Baryomunsi; will continuously update the country on the burial arrangements.