VIDEO: Fire guts Hima cement factory in Kasese district. A fire has been reported at the Hima Cement Factory Plant in Kasese district in the South-Western region in Uganda.
On Saturday, 15th January 2022 at about 12.30 pm, a fire broke out at Hima Cement Plant in Kasese – which unfortunately led to the death of three employees. Another eight employees were injured with one in critical condition.
It is suspected that the cause of the fire was a result of the fuel tank at the factory that started the flames at a time when technical operations were ongoing. The UPDF army has since taken over the premises to prevent looting from the community members.
According to Jean-Michel Pons the Hima Cement Country CEO, the on-site fire responders with the support of the Uganda Police Fire Brigade and the UPDF team were able to bring the fire under control in less than one hour.
“We hope for a positive outcome as we are doing everything within our means to ensure that individuals who were injured get proper medical care and quick recovery and our deepest sympathies are with the families and friends of the deceased. We are working with all relevant authorities to ensure that the root cause of the incident is identified.” Jean-Micheal said.
He added that the Health and Safety of our employees and all stakeholders remains a number one priority.
What is known so far;
- A team was doing installation works at the Light Diesel Oil Tank when the incident happened.
- Operations at the Hima Plant in Kasese district have been stopped to take stock of the incident and to ensure that the fire is fully contained.
- A specified team of experts is working with the authorities to further investigate the incident and to ascertain the course of events.
Our deepest sympathies from Graha Details News to the families of those that passed on and those injured.
- BIGAMY: UCC releases Pastor Bugingo and Makula footage ahead of the court ruling
- Keko reappears on Instagram in a terrible state, drug abuse cited (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Several killed in Mogadishu car bombing
- Four children die in Kawempe school fire, others critically injured
- Gov’t contributes 160M to Mbarara Catholic Archdiocese construction project