UBTEB releases 2020 examination results. The Uganda Business and Technical Examination Board has released the 19th series of the Nov/Dec 2020 examination results this morning these include those of Technical National Certificate, Advanced Craft Certificate, Uganda Community Polytechnic Certificate and Business diploma and Certificate programmes. -Authored by Patience Hamya (0706624037)
Board Chairperson (UBTEB) Dr Eng. Silver Mugisha, has said that to link assessment to the industry, the board has signed an MOU with local strategic partners (NWSC, UIRI, UNCCI) to enhance the quality and competencies of TVET graduates in the process of skilling and innovations uptake.
However, Mugisha also has shown concern about the regulations guiding Industrial attachments and apprenticeship which he says should be reviewed to provide opportunities to the TVET trainees for industrial attachment. This requires a multi-sectoral engagement with the relevant MDAs, he added.
Speaking at the event the Minister for Higher Education Hon. JC. Muyingo said that Government’s aspiration is having young persons equipped with employable skills (Skills-oriented career) that can boost productivity, livelihoods and address the youth unemployment challenge.
The government has planned for modularized TVET in the National Development Plan III to boost productivity and technological advancement for sustainable development, Muyingo added.
The government has also allocated UGx:4Bn in FY 2021/2022 for the construction of an Assessment Centre containing item testing workshops, a warehouse, a business incubation and an innovation Centre.
In the Ministers’ speech, he emphasized that Competence-Based Education and Training (CBET), Competence-Based Curriculum and Competence-Based Assessment should be prioritised for supporting flexible learning and skilling.
The First Lady and cabinet minister for the Ministry of Education and Sports were represented by Hon Muyingo. The minister has called upon staff and trainees in TVET institutions to get vaccinated as Government undertakes measures to reopen education institutions.
The Executive Secretary of UBTEB, Onesmus Oyesigye (CPA), has revealed that to ensure that no child is left behind in TVET training and assessment UBTEB has established a Special Needs Unit to attend to issues of Trainees with special needs.
A total of 16,144 (4,732 Females & 11,412 Males) candidates registered for examinations, 15,019 representing 93% turned up to sit for their different course units while 1,125(7%) missed one or more modules. A 75% successful completion rate has been recorded in various programs of studies. However, the results of 36 students have been cancelled due to examination malpractice.
Performance across the student divide:
13,648 candidates (3,353Females & 10,295Males) sat for the various examinations. 10,366 candidates (2,501Females & 7,865Males) successfully completed.
A total of 1,371 candidates sat for Diploma (181) and (1,191) Certificate business programs examinations.
Technical Advanced Craft
A total of 164 candidates (14Females, 150Males) were registered.
- 159 candidates (97%) turned up for examinations.
- 13% scored Distinctions, 49% scored Credit, while 13% scored pass grades.
- Overall pass rate stands at 74%.
- Male performed better (75%) compared to female candidates 64%.
Technical National Certificate
- 10,901 (93%) turned up for examinations.
- 259 candidates, (2%) scored First class, 3,225 (58%) Second class and 1,443 (13%) third grade.
- Overall pass rate stands at 74%.
- Male candidates performed better (75%) compared to female (70%).
Technical Community Polytechnic Certificates
- A total of 2,588 (97%), turned up for examinations.
- 3% scored Distinctions, 50% Credit and 32% Pass grades.
- Overall pass rate was 86%.
- Female candidates performed better (93%) than male candidates (83%).
Note; Candidates that joined TVET institutions after PLE.
- 180 candidates (88%) sat for examinations while 12% missed one or more modules.
- 7% scored Distinctions, 53% Credits, while 12% ass grades.
- Overall pass rate stands at 72%.
- Pass rate 72% (female 72% and male 71%).
- 1,191 candidates representing 87% turned up for examinations.
- Overall pass rate stands at 70%, (6% first class, 40% second class and 25% class three
Also, read; https://grahadetails.com/2021/09/zeenode-blackmail-is-motivated-by-6-billion-fictitious-claim/
Discussion about this post