Senior herbalist and popular herbal remedy specialist Hajjati Aisha Nakasujja’s death was announced by her son Patrick Bugingo and confirmed by her brother Hassan Kasujja Lubobo in emotional audio that has been circulated on social media.
Hajjat Aisha Nakasujja of Aloesha Organic was a professional in nutritional and herbal medicine who studied from China and South Africa.
As a proprietor Hajati Aisha established Aloesha Organic clinic on Bombo road in 2012 and a professionally run herbal incubation center and factory that later became a household Ugandan brand to providing opportunities not only for suppliers, distributors, professional medical officers e.t.c.
The Aloesha brand and franchise decentralized opportunities in places like Bombo road, HBT complex, Masaka, Mbarara, Busia, Mbale, and Luwero which many have emulated.
Aisha’s mission was to raise the profile of Ugandan herbal medicine where she grew a complete value chain of herbal medicine that lifted many along including her products on the international markets like in the U.S.A.
Aloesha Organic produces about 113 natural health products, in three categories – cosmetics and skincare products (13 products), nutritional food supplements/immune boosters (3 products), and herbal medicines/pharmaceutical products (97 products).
Hajati Aisha enjoyed her freedom of association as a leader and teacher to many people she mentored in business.
As a performer, she was recognized severally, celebrated, and won awards on various occasions including:
• 2003 Best Exhibitor by the National Farmers Federation
• 2014 Best Exhibitor in the service sector by PEWOSA
• 2016 Central Regional winner by UWEAL
• 2016 Investor of the year SME category by UIA
• 2016 Best exhibitor Small scale industries by UMA
• 2015 CEO country award by CEO Global
• 2015 Brilliant Entrepreneur by UIA and the Dutch embassy
• 2016 National medalist by the Uganda Government
• 2016 SME women champion by Private sector Foundation
• 2016 Overall best exhibitor by PEWOSA